Over the past year, our faith communities have watched in horror as tensions between the U.S. and Iran brought us to the brink of war. We know that war is never the answer. Violence will never lead to long-term stability or true security, and the United States’ aggression towards Iran is making all of us less safe. Congress must re-assert their War Powers authority, and say NO to war with Iran!
Take action through your faith community’s office in DC using one of the links below or by calling the Capitol Switchboard directly at (202)224-3121 and ask to be connected to your member of Congress. Tell your legislator NO to war with Iran!
Ask your member to:
- Refuse to authorize war with Iran
- Block funding for military action against Iran
Action Alerts from Endorsing Organizations
- United Church of Christ – Preventing War with Iran
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men
- Churches for Middle East Peace
- Pax Christi USA
- Franciscan Action Network: Action to House; Action to Senate
- Mennonite Central Committee U.S.
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
Faith Statements Opposing War with Iran
- The National Council of Churches, USA statement and reflection by Jim Winkler.
- United Church of Christ
- Christian Peacemaker Teams statement on U.S./Iranian tensions in Iraq
- Christian Church/Disciples of Christ
- Faith Statement on Escalating Violence With Iran
- Faith Leaders Letter on Iran
- Franciscan Action Network
- Red Letter Christians Statement
- Poor People’s Campaign Letter
- Back from the Brink: Faith Leaders Call for Diplomacy, Not War, with Iran
- Presbyterian Church USA Ministry at the UN Letter on Iran and Fact Sheet
- Presbyterian Church USA Stated Clerk statement in response to President Trump’s decision to withdraw from Iran nuclear agreement
- OP-ED’s by FCNL’s Diane Randall, and Hassan El-Tayyab